Security Audit Services (C-TPAT Compliance)
What is a Security/C-TPAT Audit?
The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) is an initiative of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). Its goal is to improve the security of private companies’ supply chains with respect to terrorism. Our auditors assess the security and processes of your suppliers on-site to ensure compliance.
A supplier is evaluated in accordance with C-TPAT standards. These audits generally include the following:
- Assessing their physical access controls, including employee access controls, visitor access controls, delivery controls, and procedures for removal of unauthorized persons.
- Reviewing their physical security, including fences, gates, parking, building structure, locking devices, alarm systems, and video surveillance.
- Assessing their procedural security, including documentation processing, manifesting procedures, shipping & receiving, and cargo discrepancies.
- Other items in accordance with C-TPAT requirements.
While on the ground at the supplier’s facility, our experienced auditors gather all the information required to determine whether a supplier will meet C-TPAT standards.
In addition auditing for supply chain security, we can also focus on other areas of concern such as environmental impact or social responsibility.
Why Should You Conduct a Security Audit?
The Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism is a voluntary program for importers. Participating in the program has a number of benefits, including:
- Reduced number of CBP examinations
- Front of the line inspections
- Possible exemption from Stratified Exams
- Shorter wait times at the border
- And more
Conducting these audits will help ensure that a supplier is capable of helping you meet the minimum requirements of the C-TPAT program.
Why Partner With Insight Quality Services?
Insight Quality is a US-owned quality assurance and sourcing company from the Dallas, Texas area. That means that you have an English-speaking point of contact whenever something goes wrong.Our founder, Andy Church, founded Insight Quality after having worked for over a decade in China for a number of quality assurance companies in operations, sales, and management.
Our people have the real-world business acumen to understand your needs, goals, and operations. At the root of our services and value is our fantastic team.
Products, systems, and processes are vital, but people are always number one. We support our team and put them first so that they can put you first!
Where We Operate
At Insight Quality Services, we provide a range of product inspection and factory audit services for consumer goods importers.While we are a US-based company, we are able to perform these services in various parts of North America, Europe, and Asia.
Our coverage area includes, but is not limited to:
- And other countries.
View our coverage area page for more details.